Saturday, July 18, 2009


This is the swing my dear hubby bought me on my birthday 2 years ago. I love it! It was handmade for me by a friend my hubby works with and if you look to the left, you can see the man even added cup holders for me. On the top of the swing is two hooks to hold hanging baskets of flowers. I spend alot of time out here, especially when the weather is cool like the past two days. It only reached the middle 70's here in the SE of US and that is unheard of for July. Normally when you walk out the door at 8am you are drenched in sweat within 5 minutes. So, I took the day to just relax and swing and read.
As you can see, I was accompanied with two of my favorite things....books and coffee. The blue jacket you see on the swing is my old favorite and if you maybe look close, you can see the coffee stains on it and the zipper pull is gone so I improvise and use a safety pin to pull it up with. This would be the one I refer to on the front of my blog about not being able to part with a favorite sweater. ;)
Well, I went out to look at my cukes this morning and I am not sure they will survive the storm damage we had last week. They are looking mighty puny... Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment