Monday, September 7, 2009

Monday Musings



Labor Day~
I remember when I was a girl, we used to go to the labor day parade in town and then go grab some BBQ sandwiches and chips and ice cold cokes and head to grandma's house. The women would work in the house and visit with mammy and the kids would play games outdoors and wear ourselves out. Oh, to be young again! :) This was our yearly tradition...seemed to me like summer didn't come to an end until we done this. Now that I am older, we never go to the parades and we grill out at home. What are your plans for today?

Monday~ Go buy new grill at Home Depot. My old one collapsed. Grill some burgers,chicken,hotdogs and fresh corn and make a huge salad. Spend some time resting and then work on some more planning. Hope to get some sewing done today. Maybe make plans to start a quilt for a christmas gift, sew some skirts, make my new curtains and get ready to paint. Watch some of the NCIS marathon on USA network.
The rest of the week~ work on cats testing some more and get it mailed off and begin new homeschool work. Do some sewing. Prepare two rooms for painting.

On the table this week ~ I am thinking of leftovers from today, and then some crockpot meals this week. Maybe serve up a fresh salad each day with dinner. No bread baking this week. BBQ porkchops and grilled Italian chicken sound like a plan for end of the week.

On my nightstand~ I am reading a really good page turner called "Don't tell a soul" by David Rosenfelt. He is a new author to me. Maybe I can get it finished this week.

Weekly Projects~ Painting and getting things organized to get back into our routines. Seems like life flows smoother when we are back on a semi schedule.


Anyone want to share their plans for the week?




graphic from www.countryclipart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment