Monday, September 7, 2009

Update on weight loss



Thanks for the encouragement from the last post about the scale. I am happy to report that as of Saturday I have now met my goal and I weighed again this morning and have lost 4 pounds this week. So now I am below my goal. I have set another one and hope to lose another 10 pounds by September 29th.

I ordered some new sweaters for fall and winter and they were a size I haven't worn in over 15 years! I once heard Joyce Meyer say "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels" and that is so true. I am not thin yet, but I am working hard and I am on my way. It feels nice to put on old clothes that were so tight before and now they hang off of me. It also feels good when the neighbors see me out walking and stop me and remark on the difference they see in me. I am so thankful to the wonderful ob/gyn that God allowed me to meet and be cared for by him. He is a wonderful person and I can never thank him enough. Thanks Dr. Cardenas!

With each time I weigh on the scale and the numbers are good, I know that we are one step closer to the blessing that God had promised me before Scottie and I married. I am saying my positive affirmations daily and visualize holding my child. God's blessings are so wonderful and I must say, are so far always worth the weight(pun intended) and whatever we may have to endure to get them. It is hard to say no to the popcorn and pretzels, pizza, you name it, but to see the numbers go down on the scale and the clothes fall off, yes, it makes it all worth it.

Be blessed by God today and encouraged. Know this~ nothing will happen that you and God can't handle and through all things let christ lead and guide you. Read Phil 4:13 when you can. So powerful.

graphic is from www.countryclipart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment