Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The New Diet Plan



The day before my 35th birthday this year, I decided to try a new diet plan. I had been on the no-carb plan for about a year and was not seeing any weight loss results. I am very diligent in my exercise,to the point of hurting myself,and knew this was not the reason for not losing weight.

So, since my main reason for losing weight is to try to have a baby, my ob-gyn suggested a new plan called Medifast. At first I was very hesitant to try this, I was thinking it was like Nutrisystem and I had done that before and not had any weight loss. But, I decided to try anyway. Now I am glad I did.

I have now been on the program for 4 weeks and have lost 18 pounds. This may not sound like much to you, but to me, it is outstanding! I am very happy with my results so far. My goal is 25 pounds. My 5th week is coming up soon and we will reevalute my progress and goals. I say "we" because I have a health coach and this person is the person that helps you along the way. Kinda like the buddy system.

So, what is medifast? It is a prepackaged meal program that you eat 5 of these meals per day and one lean and green. What is lean and green? Exactly what it says it is...you choose one lean protein from the list of choices and three servings of vegetables that you like and that is your regular meal for the day. Nothing hard about it. You fix this meal yourself and measure everything out and enjoy. The great thing about the lean and green is that you can eat it at anytime of day you want. So, if you have plans to eat out for lunch, you can go out and eat and make the healthy choices,then eat the other medifast meals for the rest of the day. The program even allows you to have snacks when you feel extra hungry or just need a crunch. Examples of it would be cucumbers, celery, string cheese, sugar free jello and sugar free popsicles,and even pickles. The plan is very doable. It seems like you are eating so often (at least every 3 hours)that you really don't have time to feel hungry. I really do like the program. If you find yourself in a slump, I would recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment