Monday, August 24, 2009

My scale is not my friend today


Well, today was it. My five week goal date to lose 25 pounds. Did I make it? No. I am a mere 2 pounds off. AAAAggggg!!!! How aggravating this is. I struggle so hard with losing weight. I am not sure why I did not meet my goal, only to think that last Sunday (8/16) I indulged in 4 slices of pepperoni pizza. I tortured myself all week long in exercise to burn off those slices. So could it be that? Who knows. I walked a total of more than 7 miles on Saturday and 6 on Sunday in addition to the exercise I do during the rest of the week. I think my body is rebelling. I will not let it. So I didn't meet my goal this week, but I will keep pressing on. I will not give up. This is when I usually do and gain ALL the weight back. I know it will come off and I didn't put it on overnight.

My ob-gyn who put me on this diet also holds weight loss meetings for women and I have been attending these for over a year. These are the no/low carb diet plans that are very helpful for some to lose weight. I did okay for the first 6 months and then hit a plateau. I know I still have time to reach my goal with him, but for me personally, I wanted to be under a certain number by today.

So what's next? Well, I will keep plugging on and keep at it. I feel a little down today. The disappointment for something you have worked so hard to achieve and not see it there hurts so bad.

Okay~so on a more positive note~ I took my cup of coffee outside to my sanctuary(aka swing)and I was contemplating this whole diet thing when I heard a little buzz by my head and saw Ms. Tippy spring to action. I got to see my hummingbird friend fly in for breakfast. Hummingbirds are so beautiful. One of God's amazing creatures. He looked all grey and black from the front and when he flew around I could see the pretty pink and green on his back side. This was kinda like a little kiss from God that he knows my struggles and He is here for me. Just a little reminder to let me know I am doing ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment