Sunday, August 9, 2009

Kindness of neighbors




I was out mowing and working in my yard one day and I glanced up and saw my neighbor drive by and I waved and went back to what I was doing. Next thing I know, she comes walking over to me, loaded down with this fresh peaches and cream corn. The best in corn there is! I thanked her and then began to get to work on shucking the corn and getting it ready for the freezer.

I can't eat any starchy veggies right now because of my new diet program, but my mouth waters because in the winter when I can have them again, I already dream of this corn lathered in butter and salt. Not to diet friendly, huh? ;)

The pic of silver is the corn all cleaned and ready for the winter. Good way to stock the freezer for winter....and be blessed as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment